This 1-minute foot massage is designed to ease achy feet—whether you experience that soreness in the balls of your feet, the soles of your feet or your heels. My intention is really just to start you off. Hopefully, a minute will be enough to encourage you to spend a little longer showing your feet some love.
You can turn your foot over and twist your toes, massage the tops of your feet and squeeze your ankles up to the base of your calves. Rub, press, make circles and bat your feet lightly to circulate blood and nutrients and relieve tight spots.
BENEFITS OF FOOT MASSAGE
- Prevent plantar fasciitis.
- Ease soreness.
- Improve your balance and proprioception.
- Reduce your risk of falling.
- Protect the health of your ankles and knees.
- Try to stay fully present and aware of the different sensations you experience as you massage your feet and ankles.
- Take as long as you can on each of the different parts of your foot. It contains 26 bones, 33 joints and over a hundred muscles, tendons and ligaments, so there is plenty to explore.
WHEN YOU HAVE A LITTLE LONGER
I’d love to hear how you find this one.