Triathlon 15 is a little different from the other Yoga 15 courses as it doesn’t assume that you’ll be able to practice yoga every day. At the same time, the stress that we want to mitigate against due to the multi-sport nature of your training, is significant, so the sessions are highly targeted to reflect this.
HOW THIS COURSE IS STRUCTURED
This course comprises 15 videos, which based on a 4-week timeline, breaks down to 3 x 15-minute sessions a week, plus 3 additional videos (more on those later).
Total Yoga Time: 45 mins per week
We cover three skills each week, that have you covered from head to toe. Feel free to swap the order around, if that makes more sense with your training program:
- Flexibility—calves, hamstrings, hips and spine.
- Stability—ankles, knees, hips, core and shoulders.
- Recovery—feet, ankles, lower back, upper back and neck.
We then have 3 additional videos that you can practice as often as you need them:
- Pre-Workout Activation
- Core Strength
- 4-7-8 Breath
- Release tension in muscles that are tight from training.
- Alleviate pain and soreness caused by repetitive movement and muscular imbalances.
- Keep muscles supple and joints moving well.
- Reduce morning stiffness.
- Facilitate recovery so that you never miss a training day.
- Reduce your risk of injury.
- Improve focus and concentration.
- Support restorative sleep.
The time of day that you practice these sessions is up to you. I recommend a time for each, but that is just a guideline. It makes sense to train Stability on your off days or before training and Flexibility and Recovery after exercise, but you can be flexible. The most important thing is that you fit in your 3 sessions each week.