- Improves balance.
- Stretches the quads, hip flexors, abs, chest and shoulders.
- Strengthens the feet, legs and hips.
- Improves spinal mobility.
- Trains focus and concentration.
Stand with your feet hip-width apart, toes pointing straight ahead.
Shift your weight into your right foot. Bend your left knee and take hold of the inside of your left foot with your left hand. Lift your right arm up. Take a deep breath in. Exhale, lean forward and kick your back foot into the palm your left hand.
Fix your gaze on a point that isn’t moving to help you keep your balance.
Hold the pose for 3-5 breaths on each side.
- Avoid Dancer pose if you have a foot, hip, back or shoulder injury.