- Stretches the glutes, TFL, piriformis, external hip rotators, groin, hamstrings, knees and ankles.
- Releases tension at the the lower back.
- Can help to alleviate lower back pain.
- All-star pose for athletes.
Lie on your back with your knees bent, feet flat on the mat.
Rest your right ankle on your left knee. Thread your hand through the triangle between your legs and hold the back of your left thigh with both hands. Gently pull your leg in towards you.
Flex your right foot to protect your knee. Relax your neck and shoulders. And if you have the flexibility, you can reach through to take hold of your left shin.
Hold the pose for 2-5 minutes on each side.
- Avoid Dead Pigeon if you have a knee or hip injury.