- Opens up the chest and shoulders.
- Stretches the arms, abs and spine.
- Releases tension in the neck and shoulders.
- Relaxes the body and quiets the mind.
- Can help to alleviate neck, shoulder and lower back pain.
- Relieves stress.
Come to all fours.
Walk your hands out in front of you, push your hips half way back towards your heels and continue to slide your palms forward as you drop your forehead onto the mat.
Reach through your fingertips and draw your hips back to feel a nice long stretch in the arms, shoulders, spine and abs.
Stay in the pose for a few minutes, breathing in and out through your nose.
RESTORATIVE VARIATION: Puppy Pose with Shoulder Opener
- Bring your elbows down onto 2 blocks or a bolster and your hands together in Reverse Prayer to stretch your lats and open up your shoulders.
- Avoid Puppy pose if you have a knee injury.