- Strengthens the feet, ankles, glutes and hips.
- Stretches the calves, hamstrings, TFL, adductors, glutes, abs, obliques and chest.
- Improves spinal mobility.
- Enhances balance, coordination and body control.
Come into Modified Warrior 3.
With your fingertips resting on the mat, level your hips and press back through your left heel. Sweep your right hand up to the sky, lengthen your spine and twist your body to the right.
Press firmly into your standing leg. Lift up from the arch of your foot to your groin and check that your left toes point straight down.
A block can be really useful in this pose for your bottom hand to help with your alignment.
Hold the pose for 3-5 breaths.
- To Release
Bring your right hand down to the mat and step back to Downward Dog for the other side.
- Avoid Revolved Half Moon if you have any injuries as it is an advanced pose that requires considerable strength and flexibility.