- Strengthens the feet, ankles, legs, hips, quads and glutes.
- Stretches the calves, hamstrings, piriformis, TFL, IT band, hips, abs, obliques, chest and neck.
- Improves spinal mobility.
- Challenges your balance.
- Enhances focus and concentration.
Start in Low Lunge with your left foot forward.
Inhale, come up and press your palms together at your chest. Exhale, bring your right elbow to the outside of your left thigh and twist to the left.
- Next Level
You can stay here or tuck your back toes, lift your right knee off the mat to come into Revolved Side Angle.
Try to hold the pose still for 3-5 deep breaths on each side.
VARIATION: Modified Revolved Side Angle
- You may find this variation more or less challenging depending on your flexibility.
- Avoid Revolved Side Angle pose if you have any injuries as this is an advanced posture.