- Opens up the chest and shoulders.
- Releases tension in the neck, shoulders and upper back.
- Increases spinal mobility.
- Relaxes the body and quiets the mind.
- Can help to alleviate neck and shoulder pain.
- Relieves stress.
Come to all fours with your wrists directly under your shoulders and your hips right above your knees.
Inhale, sweep your right hand up to the sky, look up to your fingertips. Exhale, thread your right hand under your left arm, palm facing up. Rest your head and right shoulder on the mat.
You can experiment with different arm positions—bring the palm of your left hand to your sacrum, take hold of your right thigh to bind the pose and deepen the stretch across your chest and shoulder, or reach your left hand towards the top of the mat to stretch your upper back. Move around in the pose until you find the release that you need.
Hold the pose for 5-10 deep breaths on each side.
- Avoid Thread The Needle pose if you have a knee, shoulder or neck injury.