- Stretches the hip flexors, abs, intercostals, chest, arms and wrists.
- Strengthens the feet, hamstrings, glutes, hips, back, shoulders, arms and hands.
- Increases spine and shoulder mobility.
Lie on your back with your knees bent and your feet flat on the mat, hip-width apart. Bring your hands next to your ears with your fingertips pointing back towards your shoulders.
Inhale, lift up onto the top of your head, hug your elbows in and pause for a moment. Exhale, straighten your arms and legs and push up into Wheel.
Relax your head and neck, try to keep your thighs parallel and relax your head and neck.
Hold the pose for 3 slow breaths.
- To Release
Tuck your chin and come down onto the back of your neck, before lowering slowly all the way down to the mat. Take a break for a few breaths before you repeat the pose. Bring one hand to your belly and one hand to your chest. Walk your feet out to the edges of the mat and drop both knees slowly left and right to release your lower back.
- This is an advanced pose so please make sure that you’re fully warmed up, that you have sufficient strength and flexibility in your shoulders and that you don’t go too deep.
- Warm up the spine—Bridge
- Open up the shoulders—Puppy
- Open up the thoracic spine—Supported Fish
- Open up the hips—Low Lunge or Lizard
- Engage the upper back—Locust
- Activate the shoulders—Plank
- Avoid Wheel if you have any injuries.