- Increases shoulder and spine mobility.
- Stretches the hip flexors, abs, obliques, chest and shoulders.
- Strengthens the hands, wrists, shoulders, back and legs.
- Improves balance and coordination.
Start in Side Plank on your right hand.
Check that your right wrist is directly underneath your right shoulder and reach your left hand up to the sky. Step your left foot back onto the mat behind you, lift your hips, arch your spine back and drop your head. Reach through your fingertips.
Hold the pose for 3-5 breaths.
- To Release
Take a deep breath in. Exhale, come back to Plank and repeat on the other side.
- This is an advanced pose so please make sure that you’re fully warmed up and that you have sufficient strength and mobility in your back and shoulders.
- Avoid Wild Thing if you have a wrist, shoulder, neck, back or hip injury.